Sunday, January 11, 2009

An 89!!!

Well, Brooke had an Algebra test last week -- Thursday and Friday -- a 2 day test. Very scary! The last algebra test she took she got a 61. Yup, you read it right. A 61. Yes, that is an "F". And that was her 1st grade of the 2nd marking period. Yes, an "F" to start things out right on the wrong foot.

Since then I have found a tutor for her -- a high school girl who isn't going to send us into bankruptcy with her fees. I have relaxed just a bit -- I am no longer carrying on like a lunatic (well, not as much as I was before). And Brooke has studied her little butt off. I am very proud of the time and effort she has put in.

It paid off! The teacher posted the grades to the online "gradebook" today and I almost flipped when I saw an average of 70.8. Yes, I know a C- isn't that great, but knowing what I know about this teacher and how difficult she is and knowing where we started this marking period -- I was thrilled! So, I drilled down to the details of the algebra grade and there it was...an 89, a B+!!! All I have to say is.... Woo hoo!! Way to go, Brooke! There is hope!

So, what did I do next? (After I shared the good news with Brooke, of course) I e-mailed her tutor to see when she can meet with Brooke this week. We have a mid-term coming up, you know! Onward and upward!

No comments: