Thursday, November 13, 2008

What was I thinking?

Here's the way my yesterday went:

8:00 am - take Mark to school for Rise & Shine
9:00 am - take Daniel to preschool
9:15-10:45 am - get gas for the car, stop home to throw in a load of laundry, classroom observation at Mark's school
11:00 am - pick Daniel up at school
11:10 am - pick up Jack (Daniel's buddy) for swimming
11:30 am - take Daniel and Jack to swimming
12:00 noon - swimming over - get Daniel and Jack changed out of their wet suits & into clothes
12:30 pm - home with Daniel & Jack for lunch & playdate (work on PTO Treasurer's report while they play)
3:00 pm - Kevin & Mark arrive home from school
3:15 pm - drive Jack home
3:20 pm - pick up Brooke at Megan's
3:30 pm - take Brooke to piano lessons
4:15 pm - home from piano
5:30 pm - take Brooke to church for Music, Arts & Drama
6:00 pm - take Kevin to wrestling (Mark & Daniel with me -- Eric is stuck in traffic)
6:30 pm - pick up Brooke at MAD (she has to babysit at Randolphville, so needs to leave early)
6:45 pm - drop off Brooke at Randolphville for her babysitting gig
7:00 pm - PTO Board meeting, which lasted until 11:00 pm (Eric was home in time to pick Brooke up at Randolphville at 8:30 -- gee, thanks!)
11:10 pm - return phone call to Steve
11:30 pm - proof and print Brooke's science lab report
11:35 pm - realize that my printer is out of ink -- oh, crap!
11:40 pm - go to bed

Mind you, Mark was supposed to be at karate from 6:00 - 8:15, but unless I could clone myself (or Eric, and God knows I don't need two of him -- one is more than enough!), that just couldn't work. And I was supposed to be at a Board of Education Community Relations Committee meeting from 6:30 - 8:30 (missed that). In my craziest moment, I actually thought I could go to that meeting and leave early to be at my PTO Board meeting by about 7:30. That plan went out the window when Eric called from Route 1 in traffic.

And where, I ask, is the time for laundry, cleaning, dinner? I did manage to feed the boys -- chicken nuggets, Cheez-Its, and a bananas -- before I took Brooke to MAD (just so no one thinks I am neglecting the important stuff). I had a quick fried egg before I left for my PTO meeting (I can't figure out why I'm not skinnier!).

Some days are crazier than most!

No comments: