Monday, November 17, 2008

A guy's got to make a living!

Mark just cracks me up!

On Friday (before the ER incident), Kevin came home from school and announced that he had been elected as the Student Council Representative from his class. He ran against 5 other kids and won -- beating out the "popular" girl in the class who looks like Selena Gomez from Disney Channel.

Anyway, I was on the phone with my mom and said "I really give him a lot of credit for putting himself out there and running. I don't think I would have." At that point, Mark, who is sitting at the kitchen table doing some homework says, "I won't."

So, being the encouraging mom that I am, I say "You might. In 3 years you will be more self confident and might feel differently. You'll see."

After a long pause, Mark says, "Does it pay?"
I, of course, answer "No" and he says "Then I won't run."

So, how do you like that? He'll only serve on Student Council if it is a paying job!

I think we might need to work on his priorities.

No comments: