Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Just need to vent

Dear Jackass (not his real name),

Please tell me why, after two weeks of constant texting and telling her how much you like her and how cute and pretty she is and you two have "made it official" by changing your facebook statuses to "In a relationship", you have made no effort to actually SEE my daughter. Did you just want to tell 800+ of your closest friends that you have a girlfriend? Oh, and I especially like the fact that you included pictures of her when you "announced" your relationship. Yes, she is pretty, isn't she? And probably a bit out of your league. So, I don't blame you for wanting everyone to see what she looks like. Do you want to be sure that you have something to do over the summer when everyone else is busy or is going off to college? Or do you just have no clue what to do with a girlfriend? I know she is your first girlfriend...can't say I'm surprised, but here's a newsflash...texting 24-7 is not a relationship!

OK. I realize you were grounded (doesn't endear you to me...although, in all fairness I don't know the reason...how would I?...I haven't seen you and my daughter either didn't ask, doesn't understand, or isn't sharing). But you were ungrounded on Friday. At least it would appear that you had some freedom this weekend. You went out with your friends on Friday and to the movies with friends after work on Saturday. And, yes, you have a job. But have you ever heard of making a date? Maybe you could even ask for a night off. And, really, maybe just making an effort to meet after school would be a good start. Drive her home or to color guard (the fact that you drive and have a car is another negative, but I'm desperate) . If you like her as much as you said you did, any amount of time should be great.

And next weekend is prom. And you already had a date before this "relationship" "blossomed" (who I made the mistake of checking out on facebook and the fact that every status update drops the F-bomb and she has her face pierced in multiple places and 7 tattoos and a size DDDD bra is less than impressive). I understand. But really? A little time for your girlfriend before you head off to prom and Wildwood with this other young lady (cough, cough) is definitely in order.

I'm not judging. Before this whole relationship thing started I really thought you were a nice guy. But you better figure this all out and learn the ins and outs of having a girlfriend pretty darn fast or this may just be the shortest relationship you'll ever have. And as proud as you were to announce the relationship to your facebook friends, it will be pretty embarrassing when you have to change your relationship status back to "Single" before many of said "friends" have even noticed.

We have not gotten off on the right foot. I'm pretty easy to please. Just give her the time and attention she deserves...or you don't deserve her.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Ruoff

No comments: