Sunday, February 8, 2009

15 years of "service"

Well, it has been a while since I posted. I think I got a little distracted with Facebook or maybe it was that my shoulder has been hurting when I am on the computer. Whatever. I am just making excuses. Regardless, I have a bit of catching up to do (which I won't do all in one day, just as the memories come to me or the mood strikes me).

My last post was about the picture that my employer wanted for their annual "State of the Firm" meeting. Well, I went to the meeting. I was told that I was getting some kind of "award" for having worked there for so long. So, I expected to get called up to receive some kind of plaque or something. And I did receive a glass do-dad that says "Sandra Ruoff - 15 Years of Service" and a $500 American Express Gift Card!

I have to admit that it is a little embarrassing to have worked 15 years -- 6 of them full-time, down in the trenches, crazy tax season hours (60+ a week), putting up with annoying and demanding clients years and the rest of them tax season only (20 hours a week), per diem, when I feel like it and they have work, get me out of my crazy house years -- and be given a $500 American Express Gift Card!

Despite my discomfort with this fact, I will happily spend said gift check! Maybe a spa day (after a long tax season of toiling away for 20 hours a week) is in order!

No comments: