Tuesday, December 30, 2008

OK, so he might be justified...this time

This morning Mark came into my room at about 6 am. He has done this fairly regularly the past few days and for varying reasons, all of which resulted in me sending him back to his room to go back to sleep. For the love of God, there is no school and I want to sleep past 7:00!

This morning's conversation went something like this:

Mark: Mom, I'm scared.

Mom: What are you scared of?

Mark: Fire.

Mom: That's ridiculous. Go back to bed. It is only 6:00.

Mark: But there is a candle burning in the family room.

Mom: Oh. Well blow that out on your way back to your room.

OK, so I think I will leave that off of my "Mother of the Year" application.

And the scary thing is that my next thought was "Damn, that was one of my favorite candles. I hope it isn't gone."

No comments: