Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Phillies ROCK!

Last night the Philadelphia Phillies FINALLY won another World Series! Woo hoo! I grew up a Phillies fan and Eric is a big Phillies fan, and while our boys have somewhat brought us over to the "dark side" of the New York Yankees, we still love those Phils. (I am glad the Yankees are in the AL and the Phillies in the NL so I can somewhat justify my dual allegiance).

Let me just tell you that when they suspended that game AFTER the Rays tied it in the top of the 6th -- I was more than a little annoyed. I felt that they waited for the score to be tied up to suspend. The conditions were no worse in the middle of the 6th than they were at the end of the 5th when the Phillies were leading by a run.

Oh well, all's well that ends well!

The one perk is that last night's game was only a 3 1/2 inning game and we could let the kids stay up and watch. I was pleased that, despite their love for the Yankees, Kevin and Mark rallied around their dad and the Phillies and cheered them on. Of course, they all want Philadelphia Phillies 2008 World Series Champions SHIRTS! And I think they just might get them!!!!

No comments: