Friday, October 31, 2008

Costumes

Halloween is a lot of work under any circumstances. Getting costumes together for 4 kids is difficult -- expensive, exasperating, time consuming, etc.

Brooke is a cheerleader. I bought her a cute little typical cheerleader costume. It is straight across the top with 3/4 inch straps over her shoulders. So, the obvious questions is...what are you going to wear under it. Despite the fact that the weather forecast is beautiful with a high expected to be in the low 60's, her plan is to trick-or-treat after 6:00, so the temperature will be dropping. Of course, she had no really good ideas. Her plan was to leave her legs bare (BRRR!) and wear her jacket. I can deal with the bare legs, but the bare chest and neck was going to have to be a "No." So, I spent an hour and a half last night looking for my silk, long-sleeve long underwear top. Do you think I could find it? I dumped almost every box of clothes in the basement, looked in every drawer in my dresser (and Brooke's and Eric's for whatever reason), in my closet, in the upstairs bathroom closet, in the office closet (I know, getting desperate here). It is no where to be found. I'm sure it will turn up sometime in July! I finally ended up borrowing a white under armour top from a friend.

Kevin never told me what he wanted to be. I didn't think I should have to beg, so last weekend I told him that if he didn't tell me what he wanted to be or take some kind of initiative to come up with a costume he could either wear last year's costume or put on his karate uniform for trick-or-treating -- or skip it all together. I still don't know what his plan is.

Mark was easy. He is a Yankee baseball player. He is wearing his A-Rod jersey and I bought him a pair of white baseball pants. He already has a Yankee hat, so we are good to go.

And Daniel is a Blue Power Ranger. Or will he decide to wear Mark's old Spiderman costume? Or will he wear the Buzz Lightyear costume that he wore to the Faith Weaver Friends party on Tuesday? Actually, since I went out and bought the Power Ranger costume brand new for him for 35 bucks he will wear that if he knows what is good for him!

We'll see...

Pictures tomorrow.

No comments: