Tuesday, October 28, 2008

God works in mysterious ways

Dear Mr. Lopez,

Thank you for the catcher's mitt. I wanted one for a long time and I have been begging my parents. I have already used it alot. it is Awesome. Almost every night I use it with my brother and dad. I have always wanted to be the greatest catcher in the MLB.

Thanks. Mark

Mark really has been asking for a catcher's mitt for months. We kept telling him to put it on his Christmas list, but that didn't stop the constant nagging. Then one night my dad called and said that a friend of theirs, Bob, had been having lunch with a friend and mentioned the boys and their visual impairment, etc., etc. Well this friend was moved by the story and happens to work at a golf course where he had recently found a catcher's mitt that had not been claimed! He went and got it, gave it to Bob, and asked that he pass it along to the boys. Kind of freaky, isn't it?

Well, as fate (and God) would have it, Mark is now the thrilled, proud new owner of a completely broken in catcher's mitt. Above is the sweet thank you note that he wrote to the gentleman. I hope he will know how happy he has made this 8-year old boy who wants more than anything to be a Major League Baseball player, but can't see well enough to hit or catch a baseball in the sunlight.

No comments: