Sunday, July 31, 2011

It must be hereditary

So many of my stories are about my kids and their silly antics...and everyone knows that they have inherited their "blonde" from me.  But, here is a story to show that it goes back at least one more generation.

My parents live in an over-55 community in Cranbury. Both are very active and have very busy lives. Recently Mom went to a craft fair with a friend. Dad did his own thing and was sitting in the family room watching TV when he heard the garage door open. He assumed Mom was home. Then the garage door went down. Then up again. Then down. Then up.

Meanwhile, IN THE NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR'S DRIVEWAY,  Mom is sitting in her car wondering why the garage door opener isn't working. When she got out of the car to use the key pad and realized there was not a key pad the lightbulb went on and she looked around to see that she had pulled into the wrong driveway.  Genious!

Her justification is that her neighbor's husband has a car very similar to my dad's that was parked in the driveway.  Not a strong arguement in my opinion. Kind of makes me wonder if she should be driving at all!

2 comments:

Beth said...

STOP! I can't take it, that is HYSTERICAL! Thanks for the never ending Ruoff/Fletcher amusement!

Ruth said...

how long have they lived there? maybe there is a reasonable explanation.lol