Monday, March 16, 2009

You should eat cake!

Saturday at the Bat Mitzvah the boys made me chuckle -- I am amazed at how differently Kevin and Mark's brains work when it comes to certain things.

I think I mentioned that there was an ice cream sundae bar. Both boys were right there on line almost immediately when they announced that it was available -- kind of like magnets. They both created their masterpieces -- very similar, I might add, and returned to our table to eat (with love in their eyes).

Just as Kevin was putting the final spoonful of ice cream in his mouth the waiter put down a piece of cake in front of him. He looked up in despair and exclaimed "Ugh, if I had know there would be cake I might not have had the ice cream. I can't eat both." Are you kidding me? He is 11 years old, lean and mean -- and he is "weighing" (no pun intended) whether or not he should eat a piece of cake!

Mark, on the other hand, heard Kevin, looked up and noticed his own piece of cake and said "Where's my fork?" Not a second of hesitation. Never did he even entertain the possibility of not eating that cake -- regardless of the ice cream sundae he had just polished off.

Now that's my boy!

PS I did convince Kevin that he could eat the cake. I said, "There is no dinner being served at our house tonight, so you might as well eat up."

No comments: